Sunday, July 22, 2012

Corvidae Video

Tonight, I realized that I had neglected to upload this footage from last year's fringe performances.  So hop in this time machine with me, and we'll throwback to last year at about this time.

This was post-Atlanta, where two of my old friends were marrying each other and where I reconnected with many dear friends as well as my mother's side of the family. It was post-Seattle, where I mourned the loss of my grandmother, one of the truly greatest people I've ever had the honor to meet, with my father's side of the family; there I also visited with a close friend from college, astonished at how much she had grown.  This was after all of that, when I was back in Philly and processing the tumultuous summer.

Corvidae (referenced earlier on this blog by it's working title, "Crow") was the product of that processing. Using imagery from my own personal associations, and created in collaboration with two lovely dancers (Shailer Kern-Carruth and Celia Murawski), Corvidae is centered around our kinship's ties to location and how we nurture (or neglect) connection across time and space; it investigates how we navigate those long-distance relationships with those we love, and how it feels when they're gone for good. 

You can watch the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment